Hi Everyone.  I'm not exactly sure how to introduce myself, so I guess I'll just get right to the point.  I've been struggling with what has happened to me on my own and that hasn't exactly been going well.  Most of the time I try to pretend that what happened didn't happen.  But, what happened has changed who I am and has impacted my life in negative ways.  I've gotten to the point where I realize that I need to do something to change this downward spiral that I've been going down.  I just don't know where to start.  Joining this community, I really don't have any expectations, but I think, at the very least, it's a place to start.  

Hi mentaldragonflies,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you have experienced trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. The members are kind and understanding. I was much like you when I first came, literally denying to myself on my own trauma and pretending it didn't effect me at all. But what I found were people who understood what I was going thru and were understand and kind. Not being alone in this, did make a difference. For the first time I had a voice, and I wish that for you. I wish you the best as you walk on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 7:06 PM, mentaldragonflies said:

Hi Everyone.  I'm not exactly sure how to introduce myself, so I guess I'll just get right to the point.  I've been struggling with what has happened to me on my own and that hasn't exactly been going well.  Most of the time I try to pretend that what happened didn't happen.  But, what happened has changed who I am and has impacted my life in negative ways.  I've gotten to the point where I realize that I need to do something to change this downward spiral that I've been going down.  I just don't know where to start.  Joining this community, I really don't have any expectations, but I think, at the very least, it's a place to start.  

Hi mentaldragon welcome to As, Mary said it better than I could. For me it was not feeling alone, that people understood where I was coming from and my feelings.

Patricia

Hello Mentaldragonflies, welcome to AS. You will find support here. I also tried dealing with what happened to me alone for years before realizing I need support. I wish you luck on your healing journey. :supportu::youcanheal:

:aswelcomesu: :youcanheal: :notalone: :bighug: if ok 

Welcome! I hope you'll find the support you need here!

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone: