Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New boop

Boop

Hi. Iv been searching for a place to chat and vent and get some support. At a place in my journey where 20 years of suppressed anger, fear and grief is coming out and I really don't know what to do with it. 

I SH and self medicate and sleep my pain away but I also have counselling and acupuncture which are excellent.

Hope to meet some peeps my age too since I have no friends. 

Boop

Hi Boop,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry about the trauma that you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. I am sorry you are struggling right now, but you will find understanding and kind members here. I personally understand of suppressing and denying for decades (30+ years for me), and how when it starts to all come out it can be so overwhelming. Reaching out here has been a big step, one of what will be many for you, I'm sure. I wish you well as you journey your path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi boop,

I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. And I'm sorry that you are hurting. I too am having a delayed (18 yrs ago), journey in facing my trauma, and understand dealing with many years of suppressing anger, fear and hurt. I am proud of you for being here. I think after so much time, we are sometimes convinced of the lies we have told ourselves. It takes time to change the monologues in our heads. I am glad you are seeking support. And have found a safe place to grieve.