Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

i'm not that new

i'm scared and self conscious

i feel like it has taken over everything in my life
i feel guilty saying that.....
i'm scared where do i start? i'm sorry

maybe i imagined everything

Edited by terrornews
5 hours ago, terrornews said:

i'm scared and self conscious

i feel like it has taken over everything in my life
i feel guilty saying that.....
i'm scared where do i start? i'm sorry

maybe i imagined everything

Hello terrornews :hi:

It's understandable that it feels like it takes over everything and a lot of people feel that way.  

Welcome to AS (After Silence).  You're not alone here in having suffered something to bring you to a forum like this.  There is no pressure.  I would encourage you to explore the private forums at your own pace and I hope that it will feel as if the members of AS are walking alongside  you in support as you start your healing journey.

I believe you and that you did not imagine whatever it was but I also think the most important thing is that you can imagine a better future. I hope AS can help support you in realizing those better days.

With support,

Activist Ally

Hi terrornews,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have experienced trauma. It was wrong and it was not your fault. What you are feeling I hate to say is normal, but it is normal for the situation. You were hurt and being hurt effects you in so many ways. It was not right, what happened to you. I am happy that you are reaching out. I know it's a huge and scary step, but you somehow found it within you to do so. That is a huge accomplishment, and I hope you realize that. You will find many supportive and kind members here that will truly understand, without pressure or judgment, as you find your way on your healing journey. You are not alone.

Mary

:supportu:

Hello,

Welcom terrornews! I am sorry for the struggles you are going through. I can tell you that I can relate. I think that many of us can. We all kind of want it to just be some horrible nightmare. I think it is very brave of you to come here and seek support. You have found a great board with many great people. Take your time around the board, the best part of this is that you are able to go at your own pace. Hope you find the support you are seeking. We are here supporting and believing in you. Sending healing thoughts!

Wishin

• 2 weeks later...

thank you, I don't like to be vague but i feel like i'm having a harder and harder time talking about it. I experienced sexual abuse as a child, and sometimes I don't think about it much, then sometimes i think about it a lot and blame it for everything that's wrong in my life. I've been telling people about it IRL in the past few years, but I'm in my twenties and it happened when i was young, so I don't know why I feel the need to tell people. I want to talk to someone without being weird or burdensome, thank you for the welcomes. 

Welcome! It's okay to be scared. You'll be able to share when you're ready. It isn't easy and it takes time. Hopefully, you'll find these forums informative and supportive as you take steps to begin healing!

:aswelcomesu::notalone::supportu: