Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

KW

KW

I am nervous and unsure about how to go about this, but just knowing that I now have a safe and supportive place to share my tragic life experience is a relief. The isolation and pain has been unbearable at times, but now I don't feel so alone anymore.

Hi KW,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry about the trauma you have suffered, but this is a very supportive site. As everyone has said, you are not alone. It's normal to feel nervous, but remember, we all have been new at one point and know how it feels. I want to acknowledge that you took a big step in reaching out. I know that is not easy.  You will never be pressured to go quicker or share more than you are wanting and willing to. So get a feel for the site, and when you are ready, this community will be here for you. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

13 hours ago, KW said:

I am nervous and unsure about how to go about this, but just knowing that I now have a safe and supportive place to share my tragic life experience is a relief. The isolation and pain has been unbearable at times, but now I don't feel so alone anymore.

Hello KW. Welcome to AS! It is my wish that you find this site as helpful and healing as I have in my own healing journey.

I am part of the NST (Newbie Support Team). What that means is that I can help direct you as you learn to navigate the forums. Should you have any questions at all feel free to send a PM to me and I will help you out. :)

You've taken a huge step in reaching out. This is a big step in healing from abuse of any kind. Take all the time you need to share. Feel free to share as little or as much as you would like to. Some people find it better or easier for them if they "transition" into the forums by doing things such as: not typing right away but rather just reading other user's threads/topics and/or replying to them, or by just reading threads and seeing what we've got to offer, but then again others like to just jump right in and share their story. That is what is great about this place, it's all up to you and you make the calls. Many of us have had our control and rights taken from us, here YOU ARE IN CONTROL. :flowers:

Know that you are not alone.

Am listening and validating you and your experiences.

Sending healing energy your way.

~Chantel~ :flowers:

Thank you for welcoming me with such warmth and acceptance! These are some of the things that have been missing in my life. I will take your advice to take my time to read what others have to say, learn, eventually share, and hopefully begin my journey to heal.