Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

new and ready to talk

Hi there and welcome to AS! The people here are very supportive. There are so many sections here to post in, and of course the chat room once you have ten posts :) 

If you need any assistance, feel free to contact a member of the Newbie Support Team or any mod. We are an actively moderated board and we do our best to keep After Silence a safe and supportive place for everyone :notalone::youcanheal:

Edited by fallenstar

Hi millerlite,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that has brought you here, but you will find this to be a very supportive site. The members really are kind and understanding and you are not alone.  It's not easy reaching out, so you must be commended for that. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 2:04 PM, millerlite7 said:

Hello I'm new to as.... Just looking for support and someone to talk to 

Hello millerlite7. Welcome to AS! It is my wish that you find this site as helpful and healing as I have in my own healing journey.

I am part of the NST (Newbie Support Team). What that means is that I can help direct you as you learn to navigate the forums. Should you have any questions at all feel free to send a PM to me and I will help you out. :)

You've taken a huge step in reaching out. This is a big step in healing from abuse of any kind. Take all the time you need to share. Feel free to share as little or as much as you would like to. Some people find it better or easier for them if they "transition" into the forums by doing things such as: not typing right away but rather just reading other user's threads/topics and/or replying to them, or by just reading threads and seeing what we've got to offer, but then again others like to just jump right in and share their story. That is what is great about this place, it's all up to you and you make the calls. Many of us have had our control and rights taken from us, here YOU ARE IN CONTROL. :flowers:

Know that you are not alone.

Am listening and validating you and your experiences.

Sending healing energy your way.

~Chantel~ :flowers: