Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Skunky

Hi I'm skunky, I'm a male survivor. The quick summary would be age 8 - 12 was molested by a male neighbour. I may or may not go deeper in depending how this goes. I tried help when I was 13 but it was basically a joke it was the era. I'm hoping by coming here and finally talking about it might start healing and I might get a better control of my life. 

Thanks Skunky 

Hi Skunky,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have suffered trauma, but you have found a very supportive site with many kind and understanding members. I understand it isn't easy to just open up, but take your time and look around. Take things at your own pace, as you will never be judged or pressured to do more than you are comfortable with. I do wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

23 hours ago, Skunky said:

Hi I'm skunky, I'm a male survivor. The quick summary would be age 8 - 12 was molested by a male neighbour. I may or may not go deeper in depending how this goes. I tried help when I was 13 but it was basically a joke it was the era. I'm hoping by coming here and finally talking about it might start healing and I might get a better control of my life. 

Thanks Skunky 

Sorry for what brings you here but glad you found this site.

Skunky, welcome to AS! It is my wish that you find this site as helpful and healing as I have in my healing journey. 

I am part of the NST (Newbie Support Team). What that means is that I (or any of the mods/admins/NST) can help/direct you as you learn how to use the forums. Should you have questions, feel free to send a PM to any one of the AS staff. 

You've taken a huge step in reaching out. This is a big step in healing from abuse of any kind. Take all the time you need in sharing. 

Know that you are not alone. 

Am listening and validating you and your experiences. 

Here is a link to the board guidelines and rules: 
http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?s=5c8b6bf0f3f95bcc2f076d1d105a1719&showtopic=194#entry685

Here is a link regarding some privacy/safety issues that are helpful:
http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?s=5c8b6bf0f3f95bcc2f076d1d105a1719&showtopic=27269#entry218846

Sending healing energy your way. 

~Chantel~ :flowers:

• 2 weeks later...

hello Skunky,

welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry for what has brought you here, but i hope that by being here you will start to heal

take care,

Paula