Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi everyone!

Hi everyone :)

I am a Canadian girl who is really into music, skiing and loves adventure! I'm new to AS, and new to talking about some of the things in my past. I have struggled the past few years with some things, but only recently realized that these thoughts and feelings were because of what happened to me. Admitting that, even to myself, still feels weird - but I know it's a first step! I am hoping that talking about things and being part of this support network will help me heal - can't wait to explore what this site has to offer!

12 hours ago, CanadianWarrior said:

Hi everyone :)

I am a Canadian girl who is really into music, skiing and loves adventure! I'm new to AS, and new to talking about some of the things in my past. I have struggled the past few years with some things, but only recently realized that these thoughts and feelings were because of what happened to me. Admitting that, even to myself, still feels weird - but I know it's a first step! I am hoping that talking about things and being part of this support network will help me heal - can't wait to explore what this site has to offer!

Hello CaWarrior. Welcome to AS! It is my wish that you find this site as helpful and healing as I have in my healing journey. 

I am part of the NST (Newbie Support Team). What that means is that I (or any of the mods/admins/NST) can help/direct you as you learn how to use the forums. Should you have questions, feel free to send a PM to any one of the AS staff. 

You've taken a huge step in reaching out. This is a big step in healing from abuse of any kind. Take all the time you need in sharing. 

Know that you are not alone. 

Am listening and validating you and your experiences. 

Here is a link to the board guidelines and rules: 
http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?s=5c8b6bf0f3f95bcc2f076d1d105a1719&showtopic=194#entry685

Here is a link regarding some privacy/safety issues that are helpful:
http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?s=5c8b6bf0f3f95bcc2f076d1d105a1719&showtopic=27269#entry218846

Sending healing energy your way. 

~Chantel~ :flowers:

Hi CanadianWarrior, welcome to AS! I hope you will find lots of support and helpful information here. I am Canadian too :)

Edited by silentg

Hi CandianWarrior,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but do know that you have found a very supportive site. The members are very understanding and kind.  Admitting what happened, especially to yourself, is such a huge step. It really isn't easy to say that we were hurt the way we were, is it? I'm sure this will be one of many steps that you make. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:notalone:

Mary

hello CanadianWarrior,

welcome to After Silence, i hope you are finding your way around okay,  I hope AS will be helpful in your healing journey,

take care

Paula