Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Me...

Hi Everyone,

I am so glad that I found this site. It's been helpful to see that I am not alone in a lot of things I have been going through. I'm a male survivor - I'll figure out where the right place to post my story is and post it there. 

I live in a nice warm place in the U.S. with my family, I'm a scientist working for the federal government. I enjoy all things Scientific, Nerdy, and Geeky, spending time with my wonderful family, and lifting weights. I've discovered solace and quiet contemplation in my gym, and I can't imagine dealing with this without it. And my wife approves of the results, so hey it's a win-win.

What happened to me happened twice, with a decade between each. I've only just now in the last year unlocked all this... and once Pandora's box is opened, well it doesn't really shut. So here I am.. new to all of this.. new to trying to find my way back to a peaceful life, to actually living again.. Found a great counselor, and he is helping a lot - but the road is long and filled with the shards of broken, painful, living nightmares.

Hello Damon. Welcome to AS! It is my wish that you find this site as helpful and healing as I have in my healing journey. 

I am part of the NST (Newbie Support Team). What that means is that I (or any of the mods/admins/NST) can help/direct you as you learn how to use the forums. Should you have questions, feel free to send a PM to any one of the AS staff. 

You've taken a huge step in reaching out. This is a big step in healing from abuse of any kind. Take all the time you need in sharing. 

Know that you are not alone. There are many male survivors here. In fact there is a password protected forum for males only. I'm sorry that you were hurt and for what's brought you here but glad you found AS. 

Am listening and validating you and your experiences. 

Here is a link to the board guidelines and rules: 
http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?s=5c8b6bf0f3f95bcc2f076d1d105a1719&showtopic=194#entry685

Here is a link regarding some privacy/safety issues that are helpful:
http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?s=5c8b6bf0f3f95bcc2f076d1d105a1719&showtopic=27269#entry218846

Sending healing energy your way. 

~Chantel~ :flowers:

Hi DamenFaltor,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the traumas that you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. The members on this site are the best and will treat you with kindness and understanding. I am glad you have an outlet with being in your gym and that you have a supportive wife. It's not easy reaching out, so I hope you realize that you have taken a big step...one of many. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

HI Damen, sorry for the traumas you have gone through, this is a safe place. You are right once you open that box it's hard to put everything back in it. You are not alone in what you gone through.

Patricia

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm so very impressed by this site and the community - I am so happy that I found it.