NewDebs

Lack Of Support

Hi all

So glad to have found this site as I've hit a brick wall in terms of finding support, and I'm not coping well AT ALL!

I repressed my memories of childhood abuse for years, until four months ago. It's been a hellish four months, I feel no further forward, completely alone, and no idea what to do next.

Can anyone help please?

Hi Fival

Sad to know you're in the same boat, but seems neither of us are alone..... Though we feel it.

Hi to both of you and welcome!!!!!!

I would start with finding a therapist ( known as T around here). Post as much as you feel as you need to get others input.

Good luck to the both of you.

Fieldy

I did a quick search but nothing came up. Is there a thread on here about repressed memories? I'm struggling to understand how I can have been in denial for so long.

Thanks mythses

For some reason though I can't open that link, but thanks for trying :)

That's strange, it worked just now when i tried it. Maybe a glitch.

it'll look just like this page but have the heading in the Body and Mind Section called

Therapy Discussion

then you'll have threads under that heading.

Good luck and glad you're here.

Hi NewDebs,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. You are not alone. The members here are kind and understanding and we all know how difficult it can be. I do wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Fival...a warm welcome to you, as well.

Edited by MeBeMary

Hello NewDebs,

I am sorry to hear of your csa! I am also a survivor of csa. Please feel free to contact me anytime!

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal:

Dasi :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:

Hi Debs, repressed memories are very common, our brain knows what we handle and do what ever it takes to protect us. My father abused all of us girls. I remember every detail , my other sister blocked it out until something triggered it. She told me at the time she remembered she thought she was going crazy. Just so you know you are not going crazy and you are not alone. Try writing what you are feeling. Take time to take care of yourself

Patricia

Hi I'm new to this site too. I also am dealing with repression and being triggered not that long ago. Like the other ladies have said we are all not alone, especially here. Hopefully in time, with the help of these forums we will be able to work through and process all this mess. Good luck!!!

Edited by missalee

Hi all

So glad to have found this site as I've hit a brick wall in terms of finding support, and I'm not coping well AT ALL!

I repressed my memories of childhood abuse for years, until four months ago. It's been a hellish four months, I feel no further forward, completely alone, and no idea what to do next.

Can anyone help please?

Hello NewDebs. Welcome to AS! It is my wish that you find this site as helpful and healing as I have in my healing journey.

I am part of the NST (Newbie Support Team). What that means is that I (or any of the mods/admins/NST) can help/direct you as you learn how to use the forums. Should you have questions, feel free to send a PM to any one of the AS staff.

You've taken a huge step in reaching out. This is a big step in healing from abuse of any kind. Take all the time you need in sharing.

Memories are difficult yes? I remember when j started dealing with my trauma past, time and space helped some but I honestly needed to allow the feelings. It's not easy. But hopefully with support from AS it can be bearable.

Do you have a T (therapist)?

Know that you are not alone.

Am listening and validating you and your experiences.

Here is a link to the board guidelines and rules:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=194#entry685

Here is a link regarding some privacy/safety issues that are helpful:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=27269#entry218846

Sending healing energy your way.

~Chantel~ :flowers:

Thank you all for the welcome. I do have a T. What I have come to learn is that I need support outside of that 1hr./week. My partner does not understand and has been reluctant to support me through this. Not in an angry way. Her mind just cannot wrap itself around all this. I respect that. Also, I feel I really need the support from others who truly understand. My memories started coming back last year after 9 years of T. It is like I have just started this journey.

Thank you all for the welcome. I do have a T. What I have come to learn is that I need support outside of that 1hr./week. My partner does not understand and has been reluctant to support me through this. Not in an angry way. Her mind just cannot wrap itself around all this. I respect that. Also, I feel I really need the support from others who truly understand. My memories started coming back last year after 9 years of T. It is like I have just started this journey.

I understand. You're not alone in this. Sits with you

Thanks Chant2012. I have had several setbacks that have put my marriage in jeopardy. I have to remember that my healing comes first because I can not be anything to anyone until then.

Thanks to you all for your warm welcome.

I'm just finding my way around, but it helps to know this is such a supportive community.

Debs