Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Wanted A Safe Place To Pass Christmas Day In

Firebrand

Hi. I'm new to the forum, but not new to recovery. I am an incest survivor with CPTSD. I come from a very toxic family. I broke all contact with them, and even though I feel good about that decision, I still find this day is very hard for me. I tend to isolate around the holidays, and feel better spending Christmas day alone. But sometimes I can be flooded with emotions and flashbacks. Talking about my feelings with safe people helps ease the PTSD symptoms.

I did an internet search, and found this community. So, hello community. I'm so glad you're here.

Sending out positive thoughts to others who might be struggling today, too. We are never truly alone when we have each other. <3

Welcome to After Silence!

I'm glad you found us and I hope belonging here you won't feel quite so all alone.

Thank you for your positive thoughts they are much appreciated and you are right that we are never truly alone when we have each other. There is a thread called "The Fireplace" which is meant to be a safe and positive winter gathering place...you are welcome to come in if you would like to http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=107460&&page=22

Activist Ally

Hi Firebrand,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. The members here are very kind and understanding. I am happy to know that you are taking steps to improve your healing process...if it is coming here, or cutting off people that cause you harm. The holidays are not easy for many, but it is always nice to know that you will be heard here. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Firebrand,

Welcome to AS. I'm in much the same situation, except this is my first Christmas like this, and while I'm away from that part of my family, there's another part of my family that I need to be here for. So it's a complicated and difficult day to say the least...

Sitting with you here--

DBNB