TJV25

What To Do?

Hello everyone..

I am a new member here. I'm so nervous just to be on here.. I feel shameful.. not sure if I should even be posting this. However, I need to start somewhere.

-TJV

Welcome! You have nothing to be ashamed of. You are among friends who have been through the same ordeal. I hope you find some solace and healing.

Hi TJV,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered. What you feel unfortunately is normal, but you should NOT feel shameful. The shame belongs to the person who has hurt you. Nobody has the right to hurt another person in this way. You have found a very supportive site, tho, and many kind and understanding members. Reaching out to others like you is a very big step, one of many I do hope. I do wish you the best on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

hello and welcome to After Silence,

my name is Paula , I am a member of the newbie support team here, our job is to welcome new member and help them find their way around the board

if you need any help with anything, please contact me or one of the team

take care

Paula

I totally understand. For me, the shame and self loathing never really seems to go away, no matter how many times I say it isn't my fault. I can know that in my head but there's always a horrible little voice in the back of my mind that says otherwise. My goal is to get past that. I hope you can too.

I've been so nervous/shameful about posting anything on here since the day I made the account. It's comforting to know that other people are in the same boat. Hope you're doing well :lindybear: