Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

What To Do?

TJV25

Hi TJV,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered. What you feel unfortunately is normal, but you should NOT feel shameful. The shame belongs to the person who has hurt you. Nobody has the right to hurt another person in this way. You have found a very supportive site, tho, and many kind and understanding members. Reaching out to others like you is a very big step, one of many I do hope. I do wish you the best on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

hello and welcome to After Silence,

my name is Paula , I am a member of the newbie support team here, our job is to welcome new member and help them find their way around the board

if you need any help with anything, please contact me or one of the team

take care

Paula

I totally understand. For me, the shame and self loathing never really seems to go away, no matter how many times I say it isn't my fault. I can know that in my head but there's always a horrible little voice in the back of my mind that says otherwise. My goal is to get past that. I hope you can too.

• 2 weeks later...