FacadeBroken

Finally Outing Myself As Incest Survivor!

Hello everyone,

This is the first time I've joined an online Internet support group, and I feel nervous.

More than that, though, I feel the burning urgency to go "public" with the truth that our family was far from perfect, and I am an incest survivor.

I've been sharing the story in therapy for years, but now that is not enough. It still feels like a secret.

Time for some changes!

FacadeBroken

Hello FacadeBroken

this too is the first time I have joined an online group. Welcome here

Hello FacadeBroken,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry about the trauma you went thru. It is not right for anyone to hurt and abuse you like that. But you took a brave step by reaching out to us here at the site. I know that isn't easy, but you did it. Just remember, every member here has been new once, and know exactly how nervous you can get. Take your time, there is never any pressure. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Welcome to AS. Its a particular pain that goes with surviving familial abuse of any kind,I have had to accept I will never get the closure I need from my family, but I no longer try to placate or in any way gain their approval, unless its for a conscious purpose.For a while in my youth I tried to escape myself in toxic relationships and even being in a religious cult.But we can never really escape ourselves and have to heal from it all somehow.