Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here, Finally Ready To Talk

MillyRose

Hey everyone. I was really reluctant to join this forum for a long time, nervous to finally speak up. I am a multiple assault and abuse survivor and this is the first time I've ever told anyone, I just wanted to pretend like nothing ever happened. I can't change my past, but I don't want it to ruin my future. I just don't really know where to start.

Welcome to AS. I am also a person who's had multiple/repeated assaults. I'm sorry this happened to you as well.

You've started already by signing up here and reaching out :)

You are not obliged to tell your story right away, you can when you are comfortable to. The Share Your Story forum requires a total of 10 posts before you can post there. You can play games in the Humor and Silliness forum, vent your frustrations in Venting, seek support in the Gathering Place, etc.

Hi MillyRose,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but you will find this a very supportive site. This site has been the first step for many of us, including me. It's not easy, but the members here do make it easier. Take your time and look around. I do wish you the very best on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

hello MillyRose

welcome to After Silence

my name is Paula, i am a member of the newbie support team here, i hope you are finding your way around the board, if you have any problems, please contact me or one of the team

take care

Paula

• 2 weeks later...

Sipport to you

Edited by chant2012