Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Trying To Get Unlost

Hey Everyone!

Looking forward to this support system. I think this is a hard topic to talk about to people who haven't been through the same thing. I know not to share my story here, but suffice to say, 2 years later I don't feel like I'm as over it as I "should be". I know that's not a thing. It takes however long it takes, but apparently I don't believe myself. So thank you in advance for your help, and I hope that I can be helpful to some of you.

Jerseygoeswest

(Trying to fix my username too... haha)

Hi Jersey,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. You will meet many kind and understanding members here. I agree, it is hard to talk to people who really don't know. I also think that many of us feel that it 'should be' over with by now. For me, it's been 30 plus years, and I still struggle, but never had a site like this, before coming here. It's one step of many that we can take here to help us on our healing journey. I wish you well on your journey.

:notalone:

Mary

Hello and welcome to AS (After Silence) JerseyWest!!!

I'm glad that you have had the courage to join and introduce yourself here and I hope the people here can walk alongside you as you journey towards healing. You're right...there is no set time table for "getting over" things but often we must take each day for itself.

I wish you the best and a warm welcome to AS.

Activist Ally

Thank you everyone! I've been looking around the site and I think, for me, there are definitely some dark alleys I can get lost in, but there are also some wonderful conversations about healing. The dark alleys are part of the recovery process and I in no way mean to belittle those who are in that place. I just think that I need to be careful to keep moving forward, because I've tackled many of my dark alleys and want to keep tackling them rather than let myself return. Hopefully I can help some others find their way out of their own alleys, too.

• 2 weeks later...