Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New To This

Hi, there ... my name is Shannon ... my daughter is legally blind, Autistic and has a few other mental issues, as well ... between September 2013 and September 2014, my daughter was sexually assaulted by a trusted family friend ... I am looking for other victims and / or parents / care givers of victims to speak with ... this whole experience has completely ruined our world and I'm having trouble dealing with it all.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Thank you and I agree, louiseroi, but I'm not worried about that ... I'm more worried about finding others who have gone through something similar ... my hopes are to find others who I can speak with ... thanks again

Hi Shannon,

Welcome to AS. I am so very sorry what has happened to your daughter. Trauma can be devastating to the victim, as well as their loved ones. Your daughter does have at least one thing going for her, she has you and your love. You may think that sounds strange, as what mother would not love her daughter, but you would be surprised at how many victims do not have that support system going for them. I know the road is hard, but I wish you both well on this healing journey.

:supportu:

Mary

Edited by MeBeMary

Hi Shannon,

Welcome to AS. Im so sorry that your daughter went through that. But its great that you're doing everything you can to help her. How old is she? If I may ask.

I don't know how many people here have the same (or similar story as you do). But know that many of us are willing to help in any way we can, even if we have not gone through the same thing. Its hard... your daughter is lucky to have you. Take care of yourself as well.

<3 Jus

Hello Sburke82, welcome. You are not alone. I'm sorry about what happened to your daughter. It was not your fault. It was not fair. :tantrum::friends2:

Is your daughter safe from the offender? Did you contact the police? Is she getting any counselling?

It is normal to feel the way you are feeling. It seems the you are supporting your daughter the best way you can. Don't forget to connect with each other and do things together.

There was a group on the net called Mothers of Sexually Abused Children. I don't know if they still operate. You can check it out.

Take care of yourself. Supporting a survivor is hard work.

May you both be well.

Hello Shannon! I am so sorry to hear about this tragedy. This is so sad!!! I do hope that you, your daughter, and the whole family are getting help. You can contact your local rape crisis center and connect with legal help, counseling, and group support. I am in the process of joining the local child abuse council. I just went to my first meeting, but this group is very active in my local community and can help me to help you connect with other resources as well!

Please feel free to contact me either through private messaging on this site or post here. I will be happy to help you connect with resources in your area if you need help doing so. :cry::doctor:

Dasi :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly: