Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

The Inner Child Thread

my inner child just wants to feel better - physically, emotionally, mentally and everything else in between.

dear angel baby: i know you probably hate mommy right now but i just want you to know that someday everything is going to be alright and to always remember that i love you.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she has been so emotional recently and i kind of do not know what to do about it which is making me feel like i am not being a good mother to her.

baby girl: i am sorry for the way you have been feeling, i wish there was something i could do for you because i really do love you angel! :hug:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My inner child, when I first met him was a little rodent. Similar to a hedgehog. In a dream, in the basement of my house. When I had tried to catch him to place him outside, the defensive smell that he let out was terrible. I awoke from that dream with the smell still in my nostrils and it took a while to go away.

I later had the feel that he just wanted to stay there and not be bothered and play with all the dustballs. To stay there and not be bothered.

To late. I started trying to give and hold him in love.

Thinking so far back still brings a smile and teary eyes, he's still loved, if just the memory. He is still here, just growing up a little at a time.

I don't know where my inner child is. I am not in touch with her. I know she exists but I just can't find her. Maybe I am not good enough for her to show herself to me. Maybe I drove her away as well.

How do you find your inner child - please someone tell me!!

Dear Innerchild,

I'm sorry for blaming you for everything and for hating you so much. I know now that it wasn't your fault and I need you to know that too.

I know your scared and hurting but I need you to know that your safe now. I acknowledge that you are in pain but I need you to stop crying and to stop being so sensitive and to start trusting people.

I promise I will try to be nicer to you and sensitive to your needs but you need to let me make most of the decisions from now on.

~me~

my inner child feels scared and alone.

little megan- i'm sorry i dont know how to comfort you in a healthy way, please tell me how i can help you! we can't hide anymore.its time to walk into the day light and face the world. come with me little megan, i'll hold your hand.

Edited by crescendo.of.whisprs

Dear little juju

It's okay to have these feelings. I understand you are scared, frightened, terrifyed, and lonely. However, on that note, you are causing alot of trumoil in the adult Juju. We need to come to a compromise. Wanting to stay in bed all day just staring at four walls, and then up at night is taking their toll on me. The contiunous waves of nausea from food and drink, is making me weak, not being able to keep anything down. I was so scared, I even took a pg test, thank goodness it was negative. A chapter in my life I don't even want to think about if it was positive with everything going on right now. Little juju, you are letting the anxiety and panic attacks control your life once again. Come on now, we are stronger than this, I don't want to be shut in the house all the time like that period of my life I lost for a year becuase I was panicked from everything. I know this journey is only the begining, but don't give up now, nothing ever good comes out of bottling your emotions. You know this. You can only pour so much water into a glass before it starts overflowing. Have faith little juju, we have lived thru the worst part of the abuse, it is over, you are safe, these are just memories, and they can't hurt you. Yes, they hurt, but they and no one else can ever harm you again. Remember that I love you and I am here for you. NO buts allowed, I love you. We can do this. Hang in there, it can only get better. I keep playing for you my favorite theme song Keep the Faith written by rod stewart, listen to the lines, remember them, you have seen the darkest days and you are still here. You are stronger than you realize. We can do this together. These feelings of shame, guilt, self blame, are not yours to bear, the suicidal idealogies, and thoughts of self injury, and just cop outs, they are not real. You are so much stronger than this. You as the adult juju, have a family now, a loving husband, a wonderful son, a caring brother, lean on them, don't shut them out. They love you and I love you.

It's okay little juju. Hang in there, we are almost at the top of the mountain.

today little megan is very scared. she is crying silent tears and hiding in her room in the dark so the bad people cant find her. she is hiding in her room so she cant find herself.

little megan,

come out of the dark. stop hurting yourself little megan. mommy will take care of you. i love you little megan, i am safe. i won't hurt you. i know its hard to trust. can i cuddle with you? lets make a blanket fort, and we can bring in flashlights and hide together for a little while. i'm going to sing you a lullaby little megan. its okay to rest your eyes.

"hey diddle diddle the cat and the fiddle the cow jumped over the moon. the little boy laughed to see such sport and the dish ran away with the spoon."

:console:

i love you.

right now little megan is scared because it is bath time. bath time means being naked. being naked means being vulnerable. being vulnerable means that the bad people can hurt you.

dear little megan,

you are safe. there are no bad people here. only people who love you. lets make lots of bubbles and shampoo mohawks. bath time is time for yourself, it is relaxing, safe, and fun. take a deep breath little megan, mommy will keep you safe.

love

big megan

my inner child and my mature self worked together to do a drawing and write about how we are feeling. this is what my inner child wrote:

"today mommy and i are sad. this a picture of our heart crying. we feel used and stupid. mommy is going to let me cry. i love you mommy."

i love you too inner child.

:hug:

This is so hard ! Last night for the first time in my life i really acknowledged my inner child and wrote a letter to her. There have been times that i have felt a slight connection to her , but not often. Its scary as all get out and i am not sure how we will proceed from here , but at least i finally opened up the door.

Oh my little child- I have always shoved you away, but do not worry..I have not forgotten you. Allow yourself to be you and I won't be serious all the time. You are still there and I am still a child. Don't always hide away. It's okay to come and play.

:flowers:

♥,

Sadie

P.s~ For some reason, that made me feel really good inside, like that little spark of enlightenment or..hope. :)

My little Bunni, I know it's St. Patrick's Day and I know you want to pinch people who aren't wearing green, but pinching customers isn't polite and we might get fired from work. :luck:

I know it's fun, but please don't pinch. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lam_scot

This post is embarassing. Until recently (very recently) I had always had an attitude of "inner child, yeah right" (just not going in for all that, though I`ve known many people to get a lot out of doing inner child work treatment / etc. In a particularly tough T session last week, my wonderful T mentioned it again, and I just blurted out "I hate her, I wish she was dead, she`s such a pathetic f****ng *** .No wonder the ***** deserved that, should`ve died" and so on.

I am really embarrassed, now. Am I way off mark? I am remarkably clueless when it comes to therapy etc, considerring I`ve done it most of my life.

This post is embarassing. Until recently (very recently) I had always had an attitude of "inner child, yeah right" (just not going in for all that, though I`ve known many people to get a lot out of doing inner child work treatment / etc. In a particularly tough T session last week, my wonderful T mentioned it again, and I just blurted out "I hate her, I wish she was dead, she`s such a pathetic f****ng *** .No wonder the ***** deserved that, should`ve died" and so on.

I am really embarrassed, now. Am I way off mark? I am remarkably clueless when it comes to therapy etc, considerring I`ve done it most of my life.

IT took a long time for my adult self to accept that wounded little girl and to forgive her for letting the bad stuff happen, as if she could have stopped it. I hated her for so long. No longer. "i finally was able to forgive her. You are not alone in those feelings. But she deserves your forgiveness--when you can.