New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×
If you are having any trouble connecting or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello All

Confused57

Hey,

I have made a few posts, but I felt like I should formally introduce myself. I have been lurking on this site for the last month or so, but I feel just about ready to open up and get things off my chest.

I am still struggling and it seems harder than ever now, but I am trying to be strong and I think building a support system will be good. I haven't ever felt like I have had a support system throughout my life as I was abused over and over again by both people I loved and strangers. I feel like there is a target on my back, but I am doing my best to stay positive and try to radiate confidence.

I hope I will get to know many of you as we heal =)

~Confused

Hi Confused,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for your trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. There is nothing wrong with taking this at your own pace, everyone is different, but I am happy you do feel more comfortable here now. It is hard for people who don't know to understand fully, but you do have a support system here that will always be kind and supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:supportu:

Mary

Hello Confused57,

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula, I am a member of the newbie support team here. I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help please contact me or one of the team

take care

Paula :hi:

:supportu::notalone: There are no words to adequetly describe what this kind of betrayal does to your soul, I feel for you and hope you find the help you need, within and from others.