Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello All

Confused57

Hey,

I have made a few posts, but I felt like I should formally introduce myself. I have been lurking on this site for the last month or so, but I feel just about ready to open up and get things off my chest.

I am still struggling and it seems harder than ever now, but I am trying to be strong and I think building a support system will be good. I haven't ever felt like I have had a support system throughout my life as I was abused over and over again by both people I loved and strangers. I feel like there is a target on my back, but I am doing my best to stay positive and try to radiate confidence.

I hope I will get to know many of you as we heal =)

~Confused

Hi Confused,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for your trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. There is nothing wrong with taking this at your own pace, everyone is different, but I am happy you do feel more comfortable here now. It is hard for people who don't know to understand fully, but you do have a support system here that will always be kind and supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:supportu:

Mary

Hello Confused57,

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula, I am a member of the newbie support team here. I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help please contact me or one of the team

take care

Paula :hi:

:supportu::notalone: There are no words to adequetly describe what this kind of betrayal does to your soul, I feel for you and hope you find the help you need, within and from others.