Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi From A Place Of Shame And Confusion

BoPeep

Hi,

I have tried reaching out before in real life, but I've struggled to find a place that I feel safe to talk about the difficult issues that I still live with.

I fear rejection and I live with a lot of shame.

I'm hoping to use this safe space to share my story and hopefully feel less alone.

Thanks,

Bo

Hi Bo,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have experienced trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. Many on this site, including myself, have trouble out in the real world connecting and sharing the horrors that we have lived thru. I am happy to say that I found my voice on AS, and hope you are able to do the same. There is nothing quite like the understanding and support of others who really know what it is like. I do want to wish you well on your healing journey.

:notalone:

Mary

Hello and welcome!

I understand these things can be hard to talk about. I've found that being here and talking about things has helped me so I could work up the courage to talk about it. This is a great space, with lots of understanding people. I hope that you are able to open up and get what you need here!

Hello BoPeep,

Welcome to After Silence, please let me reassure you that there will be no rejection here, you are very welcome to our safe community

My name is Paula, and I'm a member of the Newbie support team here. I hope you're finding your way around the board okay, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate in contacting me or any one of the team,

Take care,

Paula

Hello Bo!

You have come to the right place! We have all had similar experiences cumulatively and individually. I am sorry that you suffered trauma that brought you here. You will find people very supportive and willing to share or just listen- as you need. :aswelcomesu:

Please feel free to contact me anytime!

Dasi :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:

I tried to tell my father for the first time...he left the room and said "Well, how long does that take to let go of"

I'm also new here. I've always had a hard time expressing my emotions to people, so I think this site will be a great stepping stone in connecting with others.

Thanks for your lovely replies, it's good to not feel alone in this.

I put a post up under the 'addiction' forum and I don't think it's been replied to yet which has left me a little nervous.

It's hard to engage with the difficult feelings that are raised. I dissociate (in the form of seizures or slumps) whenever strong emotions or difficult subjects are triggered. It makes it very hard to engage with support!