Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, This Tab Has Been Open For Two Weeks...

I have been a victim of abuse my entire life. Two months ago I left my husband of 21 years. I moved to another part of the country knowing if I did not I would never be able to stay away. Many of my definitions for terms such as; abuse, sexual abuse, violence and intimate partner violence have shifted dramatically. I had no idea I had been a subject the whole time.

. I have learned the move was necessary due to Trauma Bond behaviors. Experiencing life with the new definitions in place is nearly overwhelming at times. I find I surprise myself with the strength I am able to to summons in order to request assistance when I need it. I no longer feel unworthy of the help.

I find myself thinking that if it has improved, I am not fearful of EVERYTHING!!! (just a few little ones), in such a short time how amazing am I going to feel after some serious healing time?! Perhaps it is that hope that has driven me to finally open this tab and make my mark here\, where I belong, because I deserve support to face the truth of my abuse.

Hello, I'm not much for small talk, could you tell?

I have been a victim of abuse my entire life. Two months ago I left my husband of 21 years. I moved to another part of the country knowing if I did not I would never be able to stay away. Many of my definitions for terms such as; abuse, sexual abuse, violence and intimate partner violence have shifted dramatically. I had no idea I had been a subject the whole time.

. I have learned the move was necessary due to Trauma Bond behaviors. Experiencing life with the new definitions in place is nearly overwhelming at times. I find I surprise myself with the strength I am able to to summons in order to request assistance when I need it. I no longer feel unworthy of the help.

I find myself thinking that if it has improved, I am not fearful of EVERYTHING!!! (just a few little ones), in such a short time how amazing am I going to feel after some serious healing time?! Perhaps it is that hope that has driven me to finally open this tab and make my mark here\, where I belong, because I deserve support to face the truth of my abuse.

Hello Survivor8675309!

Welcome to AS. You are among friends here! I hope that you find the peace and healing that will support the empowerment that you richly deserve. People here at AS are very understanding and compassionate! :doctor:

Good Luck,

Dasi :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:

Hello Survivor,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you have endured for so many years. You did not deserve any of the abuse you received, but you found courage to break free, and I applaud you for that. You are so right that you deserve support and you will find it here. Members here are very kind and understanding. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hello Survivor,

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here, I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help, or have any questions, please contact me or one of the team

take care

Paula :hi: