Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Am New And I Am Alone.

Hello

I am new and I have a difficult time talking with people. I have not been able to find any useful support groups or forums so I hope AfterSilence will be that for me....

Feel free to message me.

Thanks

Hi BlueCanvas,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered, but please know you have found a supportive site. There are many kind and supportive members here. I am introvert, so I understand the difficulty with talking with others. I have found this site has help me find my voice, and hope it does the same for you. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hello BlueCanvas, welcome. You are not alone. I'm sorry you experienced abuse. It was not your fault.

This group on-line is a good source of support. There is a lot of information you can read.

How is your support system? Do you have any family members and/or friends who are supportive? Pets? Counsellor? Hot-line you can call?

Healing is a journey and takes time. Healing is possible. Go at your own pace. You choose how much you want to share with us and when. It is okay to take care of youreslf.

We cannot change the past but we have a present. You deserve to have a good life.

May you be well.

:youcanheal::notalone::supportu::party:

Thank you Beamcam, MeBeMary, Minerba, and reglois I appreciate you for taking the time to reply to me.

@Minerba I do not have a good support system. I have no family or friends who are willing to be supportive. I have been in and out of therapy for years and am not currently in therapy or on medication due to financial issues. I call the suicide hotline regularly and I have even tried the suicide chat online. But I don't get any emotional connection with the suicide hotline. Thats purely for survival.

Thanks you and all for concern.

I need help.

Welcome BlueCanvas.

I'm praying for you and sending safe hugs.

I hope you can find some connections here and also in your community wherever you live - and that healing will bring you relief.

Sitting here by your side.

Lee

Edited by LeeK

From one new member to another- Welcome BlueCanvas.

I felt alone, too until I joined here very recently.

I hope you are already feeling the support. We can be strong together.

You can do it!

I am new here too but I hope we can all find what we are looking for and I hope you find support through this. If you need to talk feel free to message me. I do not have a good support system either so maybe we can help each other!

I am new here too but I hope we can all find what we are looking for and I hope you find support through this. If you need to talk feel free to message me. I do not have a good support system either so maybe we can help each other!

Hello

I am new and I have a difficult time talking with people. I have not been able to find any useful support groups or forums so I hope AfterSilence will be that for me....

Feel free to message me.

Thanks

:hi:

Hello BlueCanvas,

Welcome to AS (After Silence)! I share your hope that belonging here can be of help as you work to recover and heal. Sometimes an internet site is easier than in person isn't it? I hope you will find safe and kind support here.

With care,

Activist Ally

• 4 years later...

The only efficient help is the one received from people like u who have similar  experience like u . Suicide prevention workers probably never been through suicide attempts before so u can't identify with them. Nurses and mental care workers usually offer therapy with the purpose of changing our actions, life environments etc. The change can only be done with money only. So since most of us don't have money the change is going to be very slow. That s why professional therapy don't necessary work and support groups does.