Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi all. It's been hard for a while to admit to myself that anything even happened. I know I need to start talking to people about this especially as the anniversary approaches. I want to talk to my close friends and therapist but I still find it impossible to even explicitly state what happened. I'm looking forward to being a member here and finding the strength to move forward.

Hi Alice,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, and know an approaching anniversary must be very difficult. You will find tons of support here with many amazingly understanding members. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hi all. It's been hard for a while to admit to myself that anything even happened. I know I need to start talking to people about this especially as the anniversary approaches. I want to talk to my close friends and therapist but I still find it impossible to even explicitly state what happened. I'm looking forward to being a member here and finding the strength to move forward.

Hello Alice,

Welcome to AS (After Silence) :hi: It is a courageous step to admit what happened to yourself. I hope that belonging here can help you get some of the kind and compassionate support you deserve as you go through the difficult work of healing.

Strength to you!

Activist Ally