Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi!

I dont really know what to write here. I have recently begun dealing with a lot of my trauma more actively for the first time. That means both going through a process of getting certain parts of my health care covered as well as just trying to get my life together and heal.

Other things? Well, Im 23 and i am a gay man living with my boyfriend of nearly 4 years while trying to become a nurse. Hoping this place will be good for me. :)

Hi

:aswelcomesu:

First, I want to congratulate you for trying to become a nurse, that is a very noble profession :clap:

Helping people is always very rewarding :)

I also want to congratulate you for your 4 year relationship with your boyfriend.

This IS a very good place for you to be to begin dealing with your trauma.

The members here are very friendly, helpful, understanding, and SUPPORTIVE. :throb:

Take your time browsing the website, and feel welcome here.

It is completely normal to be nervous when first becoming a member here.

Hopefully, after reading posts from other members it will be helpful for you to post your own questions.

There is an LGBT Questioning Forum

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?showforum=58

and also a separate Male Survivors Forum

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?showforum=93

You can only access the Password Protected Male Survivor’s Forum after you post 10 posts.

If you live in the US, Same-Sex Marriage is now legal in all states :)

Take one day at a time.

:youcanheal::notalone::supportu:

Hello caoticneutral,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but you have found a wonderful place for support. You will find members who are genuinely kind and understanding. It's a big step to reach out and another big step to do the self-care things you need to do. There will be many more steps I'm sure, and I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Welcome to AS (After Silence) :hi:

I hope AS will be a good place for you too! If you need anything the NST (Newbie Support Team) is here to answer questions and assist you.

With support,

Activist Ally