Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Greatful To Have Found A Safe Place

Hello. I have finally figured out how to post something. I'm horrified and alone and so glad that I have somewhere I can talk. It's been a week...happened 7/2. I still cant remember much. Not sure if that's a blessing or a curse. I'm hoping that talking about it will help me remember and move on. I welcome help from anyone.

Hi rt71,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but you have found a safe place to talk and share. The members here are very understanding and kind. I still have gaps in my memory, but I can't really answer your question, if it is a blessing or a curse. Perhaps it is a bit of both, tho. You just kinda work with it and thru it. You took a big step today in reaching out. It is one stop in this healing journey. I wish you well.

Mary

:notalone:

Your welcome, rt. I remember my first response, when I came on, too. I know the relief and the feeling of acceptance. I'm happy to welcome you to the community. I'm sure that I will see you around the boards. :)

I do have a question for everyone. When I was writing things down that I remembered, trying to develop a timeline, I'm finding that I cannot remember things that took place an hour or two before I went out. I'm also remembering things out of sequence and still do even though I'm validating times with receipts and text messages. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? I may wait until I can share my story to explain what happened. I'm trying not to be insensitive in the public forum.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone::bighug: if OK

It is very common to forget, timelines, chunks of time,to muddle things up. I have *forgotten* the vaste majority of my life. :blink:

I'm really sorry for what you're going through. I'm also new and want to say I've found this site to be very supportive and kind.

I wish I knew what to say :( Just know that the site and I are here for you though. Welcome to the site.

- CivilRenegade

:throb::lindybear: <~~~ I love this puppy! Hope you enjoy him too :)

Memory is a strange thing. For me, I have vivid time and completely blank time. I often compare it to a light switch being turned on and off repeatedly. I do kinda have a timeline, just completely blank on parts. However your mind is reacting, it is normal. I think in part, our mind tried to protect us from to much bad.

Hello Rt71,

Welcome to Aftersilence. I'm sorry for the reason you have had to make your way oover here. Memory can be very strange/ difficult. I think a lot of time when we get struck with trauma our brains try to block out information. It will take time but I think it will come to you.

If you have any questions about the boards please feel free to message me or another member of the Newbie Support Team :)

Mandy