Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi There

Hi I'm a bit nervous because I am pretty new to forums with a lot of members. I was raped 7 months ago on New year's eve and I suffer from severe flashbacks. I also suffer from panic attacks and I have recently felt scared or anxious for no obvious reason. I don't have much support because my "friends" took the side of the man who raped me because they are loyal to his sister who was also my best friend. I only have my parents and my counsellor for support and sometimes I don't feel that they truly understand what I am going through.

Hello Stronger,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered and having friends turn their back on you. It's not right. You feel anxious for no obvious reason. Trauma does that to you, and it is a big reason. It is hard for a non-survivor to understand, so it is a good thing you have found AS. This is a very safe place with kind and understanding members. Being nervous is ok. We all come in new and need of healing. It's a big step. Take your time, look around. Don't ever feel pressured to say or post anything you are not comfortable with. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hello Strongereachday,

Welcome to Aftersilence. My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team. If you have any questions or just need a listening ear please feel free to contact myself or another member of the NST team. I'm sorry for what you have been through and the reason you have had to come find us, but I'm glad you did. It makes sense that you have panic attacks and you feel scared and anxious. This is a place where you will be heard and you can totally take this at your own pace :)

Mandy

Give yourself time. There is no rush. It's a new experience and yes, it can be overwhelming. I think that I spent my first two weeks, just in the welcome forum, not even daring to look at any other forums. I still stay away from a few of them. You are in control in here. You go as fast or as slow as you need to. Support will always be here, either way.

• 2 weeks later...