Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

You can call me Junior. I just turned 27 and after spending almost all of those years confused, in denial, and otherwise not dealing with what happened to me, I've decided to get some dialogue about it going. I really don't have anywhere or anyone else to go to about it, partially contributing to the very long wait. I don't have any expectations about where posting here will take me, but after internalizing for so long, I'm finally willing to find out.

See you all out there.

Hi Junior,

Welcome to AS. I understand exactly how you feel, as I felt the very same way when I came here in January. I was nervous and skeptical, but this place has helped me find my voice, and I hope it helps you find yours, too. There is no pressure, take each day and each step as it comes. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hello.

I am unsure how to work this website... so I am posting here as a first attempt.

My personal struggle is coming to admit/accept/whatever that what happened was sexual assault.

I don't want to take over OP's post... but I'm not sure where else I can share/post...

The guilt and shame that comes with surviving a sexual assault are what I am dealing with right now..

Hi Junior,

My name is Jan, and I am a volunteer with the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and hope that you find comfort and support here. Becoming involved with this community and connecting with others has proven to be a great help to many. I wish you all the best on your healing journey in the days to come.

If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible.

Take good care,