Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, Everyone

I'm a twenty-five year old woman who suffered sexual abuse from my father as a child. My mother continued to abuse me, but emotionally, financially, and sometimes physically. I ended up severing ties with her and almost the entire family after she disowned me, very violently, for something I didn't do. I am in a theater program, and since acting is very demanding in terms of emotions, my teacher required that I go to therapy.

And my therapist suggested I go here. I would love to go to group therapy, but since work (I start a full-time job tomorrow) and school (I go to class five days a week) are already taking up so much of my time, this is much more available to me.

Hello Jotiel,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the abuse you suffered by parents who should have loved and protected you. You will find this community a very supportive and understanding group. Seems like you have a full schedule and I wish you luck with both the new job and your studies. Healing isn't an easy journey, but AS is here to walk it with you.

Mary

:supportu:

Edited by MeBeMary

Jotiel,

I cant imagine what is like being in the theatre but sounds like you are committed :). I am pretty new to the forum and opening up in something of this nature but I can relate to being into therapy and trying new things towards healing and self improvements. Hopefully for you, this will be a good component to your goals in healing. That your journey in AS provide you guidance and clarity.

Hi jotiel,

My name is Jan, and I am a volunteer with the Newbie Support Team. It's great praise to hear that professionals in the field recognize the support that is available through After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and know that you will find others you have a connection with here who will help form a support system for you if you choose to become active within the community. I wish you well in your healing journey in the days ahead.

Take good care,

• 1 month later...