New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×
If you are having any trouble connecting or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone

Hey! I'm new to this site and to the support aspect of being raped as well. It has been 9 years since I was raped and I still haven't come to terms with it. I have never talked about it outside of informing my very close friends years after and talking to my therapist. My therapist advised me to join a support group to realize I'm not alone and there are people out there to help, so here I am. I'm not ready to go to an in person support meeting yet, so I thought starting here would be helpful.

Hi Jersey,

Welcome to AS. Sorry for your trauma, but AS is a very supportive site. Your therapist is right, you definitely are not alone, and it is good to seek out others. Before coming here, I had the belief that I was the only one and I stayed in denial for years. AS has helped me to find my voice and has made me believe that I am not alone. Everyone is kind and understanding here, and you will see that as you look around. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hello jerseybeachgirl, welcome to this group. You are not alone. I'm sorry about what happened to you. It was not your fault.

This group online is a good source of support. There is also information you can read. I'm glad you are seeing a T.

Healing is a journey and takes time. Healing is possible. Go at your own pace. It is okay to take care of yourself.

May you be well.

:youcanheal::notalone::supportu:

Hi Jerseybeachgirl,

My name is Jan, and I am a member of the Newbie Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us. I hope that you find comfort and support here as you you get to know and connect with others in building a support system for yourself as you take this next step n your journey to healing.

If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will help in any way possible.

Take good care,