Plainandtall

Greetings

Much love and respect to everyone. I am just here because of confusing and I do not have anyone in my life to really talk to or give guidance.

Hello Plainandtall,

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry you've had trauma, but know that this is a very supportive site. It is hard talking with the people on the outside, I know, but in here, everyone is very understanding. You will not be judged and you can say or not say anything you want. I like to think this site has helped me find my voice, and I hope it will help you find yours. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Thank you Mary. I am in my 30s and trying to come to grips with what happened to me. I never imagined it happening to a woman in her 30s.

The sad truth that it can happen to anyone. The types of things we experience is wrong and unimaginable. Yet, they are so very real. I hope you realize you did nothing wrong, and the blame goes to the person who hurt you. I am so sorry this happened to you, but do know that you are not alone. This community is a very good one, and I am thankful it exists.

Mary

You're a sweet heart. I am so busy being a single mom and trying to work, pay bills and enjoy my mini-me, that I haven't really had time to even acknowledge it. I know it sounds crazy.

Not at all. I'm 47. What happened to me was over 30 years ago. It took me that long to acknowledge anything, despite it affecting me in so many ways. You've taken a big step coming here, and nothing you say here will ever sound crazy, believe me.

Hi Plainandtall,

My name is Jan, and I am a member of the Newbie Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us. I hope that you find comfort and support here as you you get to know and connect with others in building a support system for yourself. This place has made me feel less alone many times.

If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will help in any way possible.

Take good care,