Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey

So, I wanted to say hello. All of this - identifying as a survivor in any way - is new to me, and scary, and confusing, but also validating. I'm ready to recognize myself as someone who has experienced acts of non-consent, and to resist that ever happening to me again. Sometimes this is an exciting realization, sometimes it is overwhelming, terrifying, because it puts such big, heavy concepts onto my body. And the rest of the world just keeps going. Which is wild, amazing, and sometimes too much. So now I'm here, searching for a bit of community, a bit of myself reflected in other peoples' experiences. Thank you all for being here. Thank you so much for speaking up, and in so doing, helping me to do the same.

Hello and welcome

You came to the right site for all of what you listed above.

I'm glad you have found AS but I am truly sorry for the trauma you have endured

Here always supporting all that you do

Welcome Ari,

Sorry you have the need to seek out a place like this, but AS is a supportive site with many kind and understanding people. Nerves are ok, remember we've all been new once. We are on this healing path together.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome ari,

I think you will find what you are looking for here. A lot of people here understand and it's a very supporting community. Somebody will always be ready to offer you their support and understanding no matter what you're feeling or going through.

-Guy

Hi! I'm Rose, and I'm new here as well.

You sound like you are in just the place you need to be, right now. I hear a lot of courage in your voice. Good for you. I am new here, too. (Although not new to the healing process - several years of therapy, behind me :) I got on here, because I want to eradicate any remaining shame I am holding onto, (By not 'talking' about the subject, with others) and to be encouraging to others, and to feel understood and validated, too - which I think we all do. Good luck on finding what you are looking for. I hope we both do :)

So, I wanted to say hello. All of this - identifying as a survivor in any way - is new to me, and scary, and confusing, but also validating. I'm ready to recognize myself as someone who has experienced acts of non-consent, and to resist that ever happening to me again. Sometimes this is an exciting realization, sometimes it is overwhelming, terrifying, because it puts such big, heavy concepts onto my body. And the rest of the world just keeps going. Which is wild, amazing, and sometimes too much. So now I'm here, searching for a bit of community, a bit of myself reflected in other peoples' experiences. Thank you all for being here. Thank you so much for speaking up, and in so doing, helping me to do the same.

Hi Ari17,

Welcome to AS (after silence). I can remember it being scary to join and especially to post for the first time but please take your time and go at your own pace. I hope you'll find the community you're seeking here!

Strength to you,

Activist Ally