Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello all, very happy to find this place! I am a survivor and decided it was time to start reaching out to other people who know what I've been through. You can call me Grace if you'd like, though of course that isn't my real name. I look forward to meeting new friends and sharing the journey of healing. :)

P.s.

Could anyone tell me how to get a picture up on my avatar? it is refusing to work for me?

Hello Grace.

I'm glad you have found AS, but sadden you have a reason to be here. Know that this is a very supportive site with many wonderful people who understand and want to help each other heal. It is not an easy journey, but healing is possible.

Mary :notalone:

BTW...they changed servers at the end of last year and there was some sort of glitch, but they have been trying to fix it. You'll see many of us that have come after that without an avatar.

Edited by MeBeMary

Thank you all so much for the welcome :)

I am glad it's not just me with the avatar, it makes more sense now.

Hello all, very happy to find this place! I am a survivor and decided it was time to start reaching out to other people who know what I've been through. You can call me Grace if you'd like, though of course that isn't my real name. I look forward to meeting new friends and sharing the journey of healing. :)

P.s.

Could anyone tell me how to get a picture up on my avatar? it is refusing to work for me?

Hi Grace!

Welcome to AS. Glad to see you and I hope we can all be of support to you as you reach out on your path to healing.

Yes as someone mentioned the site is having trouble with getting pictures to upload. There is an option called "Gravatar" that you may be able to use to get a picture working though. I haven't used it myself but you might try experimenting with it on your profile page under settings.

With support,

Activist Ally