Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi there,

I'm not going to give out my real name, but I am very new to all of this and am wanting to start my recovery process as soon as possible.

I'm feeling a lot of conflicted things. I blame myself. Some moments I don't. I go through the what ifs and wonder if I'll ever return to normalcy. I'm looking to find others who can relate to my story and take their advice...and to not feel so alone.

Anyways, I'm a 24 year old female and love riding horses, hiking with my dog, and hanging out with my friends and family. I'm also a recent college grad!

Forgive me if this isn't a great introduction. I'm still processing this situation and forum.

Hello Someonewest,

Welcome to AS. You will find this a very supportive site and I want to acknowledge how brave you are for taking this step and wanting to heal. Personally, it took me thirty years to get here, but I am so glad I found this place, and I think you will, too. Everyone is so kind and gentle, and guess what? They understand! You are not alone anymore and I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi there,

I'm not going to give out my real name, but I am very new to all of this and am wanting to start my recovery process as soon as possible.

I'm feeling a lot of conflicted things. I blame myself. Some moments I don't. I go through the what ifs and wonder if I'll ever return to normalcy. I'm looking to find others who can relate to my story and take their advice...and to not feel so alone.

Anyways, I'm a 24 year old female and love riding horses, hiking with my dog, and hanging out with my friends and family. I'm also a recent college grad!

Forgive me if this isn't a great introduction. I'm still processing this situation and forum.

Hi there and welcome to AS!

It's great that you didn't give your name as we keep anonymous here for internet safety sake! Smart thinking!

I think you're very wise to want to start your recovery as soon as possible and I think your positive attitude that healing is possible is wonderful!!! It sounds like you have some super interests that are actually quite healthy and healing - being outdoors, exercise, and time with faithful animal friends. :)

I thought you had a great introduction and I look forward to seeing you around the boards!

All strength to you,

Activist Ally