DamagedButNotBroken

This Is All Very New

Hello everyone--

Just wanted to say hello and say what's up. I was referred here by my therapist, who doesn't currently have any groups that I can attend. Looking forward to having an outlet, as I am in a new area, and while I have some well-maintained long-distance friendships to keep me going, there aren't so many people to talk to about this in my life right now. And I'm kind of a talker.

I was only able to begin getting real help starting last August (because of insurance and financial reasons), and after a few months of deep digging, repressed memories started bubbling up. So, here I am. This is very new--in other words, I didn't really understand that I was a survivor until a couple months ago, and I didn't really understand what kind of survivor I was until a couple weeks ago. I am reeling from it, truth be told.

Currently so overwhelmed by the massive readjustments that these memories have required of me that I can do little else other than the work I'm doing in therapy. Which of course is creating some serious problems in my professional life. So there's that. Trying to be a decent dad and husband while dealing with all of this is about as much as I am capable of right now.

Anyway, thanks for having me—looking forward to doing what I can to help whenever I can.

Hello! I'm new here too.

I'm sorry that you have a reason to be here.

I hope you find the support that you need. It looks like there are a lot of really caring and supportive people in the forums.

I'm also sorry that you have a reason to be here.

I'm overwhelmed too. But there seems to be good resources here and it sounds like you're taking the right steps.

Hello everyone--

Just wanted to say hello and say what's up. I was referred here by my therapist, who doesn't currently have any groups that I can attend. Looking forward to having an outlet, as I am in a new area, and while I have some well-maintained long-distance friendships to keep me going, there aren't so many people to talk to about this in my life right now. And I'm kind of a talker.

I was only able to begin getting real help starting last August (because of insurance and financial reasons), and after a few months of deep digging, repressed memories started bubbling up. So, here I am. This is very new--in other words, I didn't really understand that I was a survivor until a couple months ago, and I didn't really understand what kind of survivor I was until a couple weeks ago. I am reeling from it, truth be told.

Currently so overwhelmed by the massive readjustments that these memories have required of me that I can do little else other than the work I'm doing in therapy. Which of course is creating some serious problems in my professional life. So there's that. Trying to be a decent dad and husband while dealing with all of this is about as much as I am capable of right now.

Anyway, thanks for having me—looking forward to doing what I can to help whenever I can.

Hello and welcome to AS!

I hope you find this website helpful in supporting you as you go through all of this overwhelming stuff on the way to healing!

With support,

Activist Ally