Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'm New Here

PurpleSun

Hi everyone, I've never reached out to other survivors before, so bear with me. I didn't even know a place like this existed, but I am glad it does. I see the "Share Your Story" section is passworded, but I am unsure where I should post my story. I hope someone can tell me where to share, because sharing might be the first step to healing.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone::bighug: if OK

You can access share your story after 10 posts, you then have automatic entry. There is no rush, take your time.

Hi everyone, I've never reached out to other survivors before, so bear with me. I didn't even know a place like this existed, but I am glad it does. I see the "Share Your Story" section is passworded, but I am unsure where I should post my story. I hope someone can tell me where to share, because sharing might be the first step to healing.

Hi and welcome to AS. People here are so supportive and friendly and have been helpful to me and many other survivors. I am happy to be part of this site and I hope you find it welcoming and supportive as well.

When I first joined, I posted a little bit in the Sexual Assault: Different Types section. You are welcome to share your story there before you can access the Share Your Story section. Many people do.

If you're looking for support, The Gathering Place is a great section to post.

These are just some ideas for you. I hope they are helpful.

Hi and welcome to AS. People here are so supportive and friendly and have been helpful to me and many other survivors. I am happy to be part of this site and I hope you find it welcoming and supportive as well.

When I first joined, I posted a little bit in the Sexual Assault: Different Types section. You are welcome to share your story there before you can access the Share Your Story section. Many people do.

If you're looking for support, The Gathering Place is a great section to post.

These are just some ideas for you. I hope they are helpful.

Thank you! These ideas are definitely helpful. Just looking around right now. Seems like a really nice place.

Hi Cindaphukinrella,

Welcome to AS. Like you, I never really knew there was a place like this. I'm sorry we need it, but I am glad there is a place that we can support each other. Everyone here is so kind and friendly. I wish you well on your journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hello Purplesun,

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here, I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any assistance please let me know and I will do my best to help if I can

take care, Paula