Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I'm New Here.

Hello, I'm new to the site and have recently started exploring the internet tryin to find a site like this one where I can belong to a community of people who can relate to the pain I've been dealing with for years. I was sexually assaulted when I was 17 by someone who I thought was a friend and raped at 24 by someone I was seeing at the time. Although these things happened years ago, I still suffer from flashbacks. I also suffer from depression and two different forms of anxiety. I have been in therapy for a total of six years on and off and continue to see one to this day. I am glad this site exist and I hope to benefit from the live chats.

Hello, I'm new to the site and have recently started exploring the internet tryin to find a site like this one where I can belong to a community of people who can relate to the pain I've been dealing with for years. I was sexually assaulted when I was 17 by someone who I thought was a friend and raped at 24 by someone I was seeing at the time. Although these things happened years ago, I still suffer from flashbacks. I also suffer from depression and two different forms of anxiety. I have been in therapy for a total of six years on and off and continue to see one to this day. I am glad this site exist and I hope to benefit from the live chats.

Hi aloneallthetime :hi:

Welcome to AS (After Silence)!!! I'm glad you found us but I'm sorry for the reasons that brought you here...

I've very sorry to hear of the things you went through and that you are suffering from what sounds like PTSD flashbacks and anxiety. I'm glad you are getting therapy as that can be a really helpful component of many survivors journey to recovery.

I hope you find AS to be a kind and supportive place where you can get some of the kind understanding you deserve to help you as you walk your healing path and I trust you'll find that your fellow survivors will be behind you every step of the way!

Strength to you,

Activist Ally

welcome, alone! I'm really glad you found this site. I was similar ages to you when I was attacked, and I definitely understand how hard it can be (especially, at least for me) dealing with the fact that it happened a second time. I'm really sorry you still struggle with flashbacks and nightmares and things, but it sounds like you have a great counselor at least. I hope being here will give you additional help - everyone here is really nice and non-judgemental so feel free to jump in and post whenever you feel like it! :)

• 2 weeks later...