Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hi! First time posting here. I was assaulted two years ago by a coworker who also happens to be a relative of mine while we were working. Nothing was done to him. We live in a sma town where "everybody knows everybody" and I feel so trapped here because I am constantly terrified of running into him. The assault completely split my family and our small town up because some were just convinced I had to be making it up (because I love making my life this hard). But anyway, I found out I was pregnant about a week later so I put all of the feelings of it aside to focus on my baby and I'm just now really started to deal with it. I started going to counseling and that already feels like such a relief. Last week at counseling was the first time I had talked about it at all since it happened and it felt really freeing.

Hello CapturedDove,

Welcome to AS. So sorry for the abuse you've been thru, but please know everyone here is extremely nice and supportive. We all just want the same thing, don't we? Peace and healing. I know this site was my first step out my comfort zone, striving for that goal. Best wishes on your journey.

:youcanheal:

Edited by MeBeMary

Hi

Be welcome to this wonderful place ❤

I'm Nía, first of all... Stay stronger always, no matter what.

Counseling is a good step, i will start with a psychologist this monday... Please you can release every frustration, writing is a healthy way to release your feelings. And as Mary said we all want peace and healing. ☺

Hi there, I am also new here. Joining this forum has helped me heal throughout. I was assaulted 15 years ago and it still is haunting even though I have been through recovery. I wish you the best luck! Always remember that you are not alone and there is a lot of support here!

Hi! First time posting here. I was assaulted two years ago by a coworker who also happens to be a relative of mine while we were working. Nothing was done to him. We live in a sma town where "everybody knows everybody" and I feel so trapped here because I am constantly terrified of running into him. The assault completely split my family and our small town up because some were just convinced I had to be making it up (because I love making my life this hard). But anyway, I found out I was pregnant about a week later so I put all of the feelings of it aside to focus on my baby and I'm just now really started to deal with it. I started going to counseling and that already feels like such a relief. Last week at counseling was the first time I had talked about it at all since it happened and it felt really freeing.

Hi Dove,

I'm so sorry to hear that such a terrible crime was committed against you and that you were not believed by many in your small town. It's very good to hear that counseling is going so well though and that you are relieved to have been able to break the silence about what happened in a trusting and safe environment. I hope that AS (after silence) will be a kind and supportive place to help you as you work towards healing your life.

With support,

Activist Ally