Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First Post Is The Hardest

Hi! I am so struggling just to even post. I have been an active member of just a fun message board for young women for the last couple months and find it fun. That board has a topic area for support and for abuse and rape but I just haven't found the nerve to post in those forums about my past. Those topics aren't active and I'd feel under a microscope if I dared seek support there. So I found my way here.

What I'm not sure of is if there is just typical chit chat topics here to let someone get comfortable before beginning to post about things that you just feel so alone about?

I have been to counseling and I know it's helped but it's also limited by time, money and those types of things. There also aren't counselors under 20 so it's hard to feel like they also understand.

Anyway, I did it, I made the first post.

Hi y'all!

hi Gingerbreadcake ,

welcome to After Silence, and well done on making your first post here :) I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here, I hope you are finding your way around okay, yes there are lots of forums here , that are light-hearted, like the Simply Life and Well Being forums and the Amusement Alcove, all these will help you to settle in and get a feel for the place

if you need any help with anything, please let me know and I will do my best to help if I can

take care, Paula

Hiya Gingerbreakcare,

I hope you get support here you need. Sorry to hear you have therapy that is limited by time and money. Seems there is a lot of that around these days and on trust issues that is not easy at all. I hope you will find people here you can bind with some as others we so need during this journey.

Be gentle with you there

Rain

Welcome Gingerbreadcake, to After Silence

The first post is always the hardest.

Take you time, and only post about your past, when YOU are ready.

You can start by replying to other members Posts, and getting comfortable with this Website.

i am happy that you have received counseling, but I am sad to read that it is limited because of money.

I would not let the fact that the counselors are not under 20 be a concern.

Many were under 20 at one time, and many older counselors ARE very knowledgeable and helpful, and DO understand.

Take you time checking out the various Forums.

Feel free and comfortable seeking support for abuse and rape.

The AS Members and Staff are very friendly and helpful. :wub:

Sending you Support, You CAN Heal, and You Are Not Alone :supportu::notalone:

I hope that you find AS helpful :wub: