Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I'm New

Hi I'm new on here, it's been 8 weeks since it happened and have been falling apart since. I'm really nervous being on here but my Uni teacher thinks it will help me get through this as I haven't been able to tell anyone but my teacher what happened. Anyways any help I would appreciate as I don't know what to do

Hey, Marie. :aswelcomesu: and I do, too. I am terribly sorry for the reason you have to be here. You are very brave for telling your teacher and for joining AS. I hope you find the support you need, so you can heal from your ordeal. You deserve to heal and you can.

safe hugs, if okay.

Welcome Marie,

This is a very helpful and welcoming place, and it's open to you to share whatever you would like or to draw strength from what others have written.

Also keep an eye on the chat room - it's currently out of commission but when it comes back online it's a great resource.

Take Care,

Guy

Welcome here, Marie. I'm very sorry for the reasons that have led you here today, and the fact it's only 8 weeks old definitely means it is very fresh and traumatizing. I hope you find your way comfortably around the boards. This is a great resource to gain insight/support from other survivors. You're not alone.

You may read any forums, respond to, or you can start your own topics in the different forums listed. It can be anything, really, from sharing your story (there is a forum for that), asking a question in the appropriate forum... Whatever is on your mind, and whatever you're comfortable sharing. There is no pressure to tell us your story. It takes time to develop some relationships on this website, or to really understand how everything works, but keep your eyes open, and you will find your way around comfortably as you figure out how it all works.

Hi Marie, welcome to AS. I hope you find lots of resources and support here. I am so sorry for the events that brought you here, you will get through this!

I'm glad you were able to tell a supportive teacher.

Welcome to AS, a good thing to do would be to get a therapist,to help you deal and process everything you have gone through.

Hello Marie

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the Newbie support team here. If you need any help with the board, please let me know and I will do my best to help

take care, Paula

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found