New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

I'm New To This Site, Please Read

kassi

Hi everybody,

My name is Kassi and I am new. I would like to share a little about myself and I look forward to hearing from you.

Isolated in a tiny Texas Town I became the victim of devastating sexual, physical, and emotional abuse. Sexually abused by my father, my grandfather and my brother I was also the object of my father's pent up rage. Hopelessly captive in a prison of pain I witnessed the battering and neglect of my brothers and sisters.

I was abused from the ages of 2 (as closely as I can figure it) to 17. The men who hurt me were the very ones I should have been able to trust the most. Mine was a shattered life, one so fragmented that I developed DID.

Thank you for letting me post part of my story.

Hey kassi, welcome to AS! I am so sorry for what you have experienced. You are not alone! I wish you the best of luck on your healing journey. You deserve it. By the way, I am from Texas too. :)

Safe hugs, if Okay.

Take care.

Hello kassi

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here, I hope you are settling in okay, if you need any help please contact me and I will do my best to help

take care, Paula

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found