New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

Hello PalmettoHunna 12,

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here. I would advise you to look through the various forums to get the info you're looking for , if you need any help with the board, please contact me and I will help if I can

take care, Paula

Hi PalmettoHunna 12,

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone::supportu:

Welcome to AS!

What has helped me a lot was to find a therapist who specializes in trauma and PTSD.

All the best on your healing journey!

Josie

Hi, I hope you are finding what you are looking for. Look for a therapist who works with ptsd, trama, make sure you feel comfortable with himor her. I know there is tap therapy, rapid eye therapy, cbt therapy to name a few. I hope this helps. :)

I am interested in the balance. If one particular environment is more conducive to open dialogue than the other. With my therapist I feel like they are regurgitating textbook dialog. Without understanding how I actually feel.

Sorry I have no suggestions on the therapy question but I would still like to welcome you to AS. I do hope you find a therapist that is helpful to you and your healing. You deserve to be understood! :hug: ((Hugs)) If they are OK, PalmettoHunna12.

• 1 month later...

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found