Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Milo123

Hi all,

I accidently posted on someone else intro and im sorry about that I wasn't sure how this worked.

I am feeling very nervous about being here, this second post it equally as hard as the first. I'm not sure what to write or what to do I thought by doing an intro it might make me feel a little more confident about this.

Thanks

I am also really scared of sharing so publically I don't think Im ready for that.

I am hiding things that I have never spoken to anyone about. I guess I am finally ready to do so but I don't know who to or how to.

Feeling confused!

Yeah I agree completely. However I am unsure of who I can not speak the words as my body physically won't allow them to come out, I trust my Fiance 100% but I feel like such a burdon he knows part of my story but not all. I guess im looking for that person I can share with.

Thank you for your response Hockey girl :-)

Hi Milo,

:aswelcomesu::notalone::supportu:

You will find a lot of support here. You don't have to share anything you don't want to here...it is totally up to you. There is a lot of very helpful information on this site.

Welcome!

Josie

Milo123 I felt the same way up until about a month and a half ago. I'd never spoken about things that happened to me, or even acknowledged them to myself. I spent my whole life repressing memories. I started having severe flashbacks and other problems which kind of forced me to start working through things. I started small. I just filled out an online form to apply for counseling. I couldn't even fill the whole thing out honestly. But it was a first step. A few days later I finished it. Then gradually I've made an effort to share just one thing I didn't want to share with someone safe. First time I literally had to read it off a page I wrote it on because I knew I'd freeze up without it. I don't know if any of that would help you get a start or not, but it's helped me to be able to open up at my own pace. I'd say that's the main thing. Just go at your own pace and then celebrate the small victories because they're really pretty major.

Hi Milo

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here. its okay to feel nervous and please know that there is no rush or pressure to share or talk, Do this at your own pace, just take your time to settle in and find your way around. If you need any help with the board, please let me know

take care, Paula

• 2 months later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found