Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hello DayzGoBy,

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here. If you look through the forums you'll find sections on PTSD and all the other issues we have to deal with, If you need any help with the board, please let me know, I will do my best to help if I can

take care, Paula

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, it is still hard to open up about this, I still have lasting effects of my sexual assault and have finally decided after counselling to join this support forum. Again thank you :)

I am here as a secondary survivor. 13 months ago my wife was beaten and raped over 12 hours. Although this tragic situation brought us closer then ever, it has been a difficult journey. The mountains and valleys come sometimes by the minute with her. Sometimes I am so emotional drained, I feel like I am a walking zombie. She found this site for me and I sorta dug my heals in about it. But, here I am, hoping to hear from others like myself. Until this tragedy happened, we took many aspects of our relationship for granted. The most important thing I learned and told her was, "I love you more than you'll ever know and more than I ever realized". And so the journey continues.......

• 1 month later...

Hi Tazman99 you are a strong individual and a great support for your wife, this place is a nice place to learn and to find people who share in difficult paths we all face through recovery. Your wife is a very lucky woman to have you by her side :)

Welcome here, DayzGoBy - I, too, deal with PTSD symptoms. You're not alone in what you're dealing with, though all stories are going to be unique; a lot of the aftermath is the same. If you ever need anyone to speak to, have question, vent to about these symptoms, you may PM me. And, good for you for taking big steps towards recovery and healing - joining a support forum, seeking out counselling, it's all going to work in your favour as you take it all one day, sometimes one hour, at a time :)

- Courtney

• 1 month later...

Welcome!