Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introduction

Gem

Hi, I'm new. Obviously :wink: I'm not going to talk about serious stuff for awhile probably, but I didn't want to just lurk.

BTW I am a 20-year-old college student/Army wife, currently living in South Korea.

This site looks very helpful :)

Welcome to AS. :)

I hope you will find the support you need here and when and if you are ready to share, you will find nothing but unconditional support and understanding. :hug:

Nicole :throb:

*edited because I sound redundant :P*

*and again because I can't spell! (needs coffee)*

Edited by diamond

Gem,

Welcome to After Silence. Take as much time as you need sweetie.

Oh my older sister is from Korea...(we are all adopted) What's it like in Korea?

Sorry if I sound nosy

Linds

You're not nosy :) I love to talk!

Korea is very different to me, because I'm from a small town in Wyoming. So I've got the big city culture shock plus the culture culture shock (lol!). I like having lots to do. I don't like that if I go out in the rain without an umbrella, my skin will hurt because the rain is contaminated; that was really strange!

More good things about Korea:

People are much more polite than in the U.S.

It's fun trying different food

People remember me! At home I'm eminently forgettable.

Everyone wants to talk to me because they want to practice their English ;)

Edited by Gem

Wow I didn't know the water there was contaminated. That is very interesting. Korea is a place that I would like to learn more about but not actually go there. I am a bit of a chicken I guess you could say.

Linds

Oh, but you should visit here ;) It's fun. I don't know, maybe other big cities are just as fun, but I've never been to other big cities.

There's a board game cafe near my school. I think that's just the greatest idea :)

Welcome to the board! Are you learning the language? I imagine it's hard!!!

Kelly

welcome to AS Gem :bighug:

~charlene~