Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Hannah and I'm 21. Seven weeks ago, my drink was spiked and I was sexually assaulted. I don't remember the attack itself which is both a blessing and a curse. I will never know exactly what happened to me that night and the police are struggling to find evidence to get a conviction and so my rapist will go free.

I don't really know what I'm feeling at the moment and I hope being part of a group where I know others have gone through the same thing will help. I have wonderful support from my family, my friends and my fiancee but they struggle to understand.

It'd be nice to hear from people on here so please say hello :)

Hello Hannah, I hope this place helps in your process of healing. It's great that you have the support of your family and friends, but of course it is comforting to open up to people who have been in your position. I have only been here a month or so and I already feel at home.

Hello Potteress92,

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here, I'm glad to hear you have family and friend support, I hope you find equal support from our community here. If you need any help with the board, please contact me any time. I'll do my best to help :)

take care, Paula

Hi Potteress, welcome to AS. I am sorry for what you went through. It is good to have both kinds of support - the kind you have from family and friends, but also the kind you can only get from people who have 'been there'. I hope you will find that kind here! take care, G

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Welcome!