Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introduction

Welcome Somerandomguy,

You have survived a hell of an experience. I feel bad that it happened to you: no one should do this to another human being.

I admire your determination to face your trouble without being dependent on medicine.

Feel free to write and share what ever you want and need. We will be here with you on the path to healing and recovery.

Lilly1978

Welcome Somerandomguy,

Welcome to Aftersilence. My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team here at AS. Basically my job is to make you feel at home, so if you have any questions at all about the boards or just need a listening ear please feel free to let me know.

I totally agree with your last statement. I guess I've come to realize it never really goes away but we can get to appoint where we don't let it control us. You've come along way. I know it took me along time to realize that. I have family members who were male survivors, so I hear you. It's not easy but each day we get a step further. And don't forget sometimes we will fall down and we may forget everything positive we have done. I usually say it's like training for a marathon. It takes a lot of practice and sometimes we face hurdles along the way... but it doesn't mean we didn't get anywhere. It happens. But in the end we have a goal.

I'm blabbering lol. Hope that kind of makes sense. I hope to see you around the boards!

Mandy

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome. I'm so sorry for what you've been through but I admire your courage. Our society doesn't really give the attention due to male victims. It is a taboo place. You are incredibly brave just to admit it and deal with it.

Your struggles with your meds remind me of mine. I ultimately decided to stick with them and tinker with them as needed. Not because they change me but because they keep the intrusive memories and my own spinning to a level where they can be managed.

Your struggles with trusting others also resonate with my. My "best friend" locked me in a room with her boyfriend and he brutally raped me. Afterwords most played it off as a joke. All assumed I really wanted it. When others define our reality for us it is another assault. Another trauma.

Anyway, welcome. I hope you will heal. I hope I will too.

• 3 months later...

Welcome!