New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

All Coming Back-New

Hello. I am new here. Abused for 11 years as a child. Date raped once attempted twice. I thought I had everything dealt with. I am 44 now and things have been coming back. I'm tired of being a victim. I thought I was a survivor, but now I don't know.

Hello Raivenkc,

I'd like to welcome you to AfterSilence, my name is Paula, I am one of the newbie support team here. If you need any help with anything on the site, please contact me

take care, Paula

I am 45 and thought I had sufficiently dealt with this stuff too. I am now having it re-surface in ways that are just so intrusive to my day-to-day stuff. Glad to hear I am not the only one circling back on a topic that I have failed to recognize impacted how I have lived numbed out, disconnected, and going through the motions. I totally get your victim, survivor, victim cycle.

I'm in my 50's and have had it all come back a few years ago after thinking I had successfully dealt with it in my 20's.

I find that the level of healing this go round is much deeper than before. I'm not sure I could have gone there then.

I think it's a spiraling kind of process. We do what we can, and rest. Later if we are able, we do more.

I hear from my T that it's very common for CSA issues to resurface later in life, especially in the 40's.

Guess I was a little late. : )

Welcome.

• 4 months later...

Welcome!