New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

New And Very Scared

Hi Emily, you are very welcome to be here, I am so glad you found this site. It is ok to be afraid, I am new to this place and to was very scared, still am, it is hard to face these things but here you will find some lovely, kind people and a lot of support I am sure.

Hi Emily, I was so fucking scared too, still am now a little, but it's not so bad now. when I first found the site I could barely look at it - the shame etc, as if someone had asked me to look at something really indecent or something.... but that bit's eased now. we're all here together, there's no judgement, I hope this site helps you. Hugs if ok x

Hello Emily,

welcome to AfterSilence, my name is Paula, one of the newbie support team here. Its okay to be scared , but please know that you are not alone here,

if you need any help getting around the board, please contact me

take care, Paula

Welcome Emily! I hope that you find AS to be a supportative and healing place for you!

• 4 months later...

Welcome!