Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi everyone, I'm Nikki. I'm not really sure where to start. I'm a survivor of 2 and a half years. I struggle with the aftermath everyday still. I'm hoping that becoming a member of After Silence will help me understand what I feel and my problems, and help me with the future. I also hope that maybe I can be of help to others.

HI there. Sorry that you have to be here because of what youve been through but glad to see your seeking help and support just like the rest of us

Im relatively new here too so just finding my feet and finding confidence to make and respond to some posts.

Welcome to AS

B x

Hi Nikki and B.

I'm new here too but already am finding it helpful to know that we're all here to support each other through things that nobody should have to be suffering. I'm Bekey and I'm just coming to terms with something that happened to me when I was in college. It's hard now that I can see just how much it has affected me and how much I've tried to hide it. Like Nikki I'm hoping that we can help other survivors and help ourselves with the daily struggles by sharing here on AS.

Bekey x

Thank you both for the replies. I feel a little out of place here since I haven't been a survivor for that long. I read other threads though, and can completely relate. No longer than it has been, it is already shaping me into the adult I am becoming, and I don't like it. I hope that by addressing what I'm going though now, will help my suffering later. I am just looking for a refuge to be accepted and taken seriously, and helped instead of pitied.

-Nikki

Hello Nikki,

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here. Let me tell you, you are totally accepted here and I hope you will settle in soon. If you need any help with the board, please let me know,

take care, Paula :hi:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Welcome!