Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Having A Hard Time

Hey everyone. So when I was little I was molested by my best friends uncle. I have a hard time talking about it and to this day I am still having a hard time getting over it, I still have nightmares. I also seem to hold myself back sexually with my bf, and not sure if it has anything to do with what happened to me. Not sure what I'm looking to get out of this group, but my friend told me I should look for advice, help, support, something, see if it helps me heal finally.

Hello Truffles15. :hi:

I hate that this has happened to you, but talking about it is such an important step in finding the healing you need and deserve. The road though is long, treacherous and fraught with deep valleys but also it's where you will find yourself, your strengths and many friends who travel this road along side you.

Hold on tight to that little person inside of you that was molested, it's not her fault! She does have a voice, though she tries to be silenced you cannot allow that to happen even for one more second!

This is your time for healing. Grab hold on it, because the life that awaits on the other side will be so worth the effort.

Take good care.

Hi there. Glad you found this site and found the courage to speak about what happened to you. Im sorry to hear what happened and sorry to hear that you are struggling to come to terms with it. You are not alone as Id say 99% if not 100% of the people on here are here because we are struggling to come to terms with our own circumstances, I know I share many of the feelings you discussed including problems with intimacy and am too trying to find answers as to why I feel like this and if it is to do with the past abuse. Im not sure what I was looking for when I joined recently either but Ive found a lot more than I was expecting. Seeing other people talk about the same thoughts and feeling and battles you have going on in your own head is really helpful not to mention the amazing feeling of belonging you get when someone takes the time to read your post and give a supportive reply. I hope this is the first step for you in beginning to heal. Take care

B x

Thankyou for both posting means a lot, I posted in a different group the other day and was told to not think about it and it will get better, I don't agree with that anymore I've been ignoring it for 20 years, which is still causing me to have nightmares even though I rarely think about it

Hello Truffles15, welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here., I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you are having any problems , just let me know

take care, Paula :hi:

see responses below yours

Hey everyone. So when I was little I was molested by my best friends uncle. I have a hard time talking about it and to this day I am still having a hard time getting over it, I still have nightmares. I also seem to hold myself back sexually with my bf, and not sure if it has anything to do with what happened to me. Not sure what I'm looking to get out of this group, but my friend told me I should look for advice, help, support, something, see if it helps me heal finally.

Judith: I am sorry that happen to you. I can understand having an hard time talking about it. It goes in pieces of when to start. The key is your mind is trying to resolve it by working through the nitemares etc. I abbreviate. Some of it is going to resolve itself in sex and talking about it as well as doing it on your own. I can explain this if you want. I am sorry to say it does. because couples and friends I know that I am talking to -have seen this evidence in their relationship. I am here daily and hourly if you want to talk etc. For me it help to write it out on line to someone called a mentor in addition to a T.

Judith

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Welcome!